Sunscreen, Yes for Black Girls too



Yes, for black girls.

Good skin is the foundation to good makeup, I think. After that, whatever isn’t natural, you fake.

Chocolate skin’s biggest challenge is unevenness. Any and sometimes all factors can result in dark spots or patches and light spots or patches.

For lighter complexions, the simplest remedy is consequence-free. Skin bleach or the average facial product will quickly fix that no harm, no foul.

For darker complexions, that is a daunting task. I find that a lot of products lighten more than just the spot or lighten unevenly.

After going through so much (my face and I) we found that honey works perfectly for us. 


Lime or lemon juice also works if you can get past the stinging.

Most times, it takes a long time to even out that skin but when you finally get there, the next obvious thing is to protect what you have just accomplished. I know it’s an accomplishment for sure.

This is where sunscreen comes in. The sun’s rays can significantly and harshly darken chocolate skin (and lips too).

To keep your canvas clean and even, use facial products with spf and/or use sunscreen.

Chocolate girls who don’t protect their skin from the sun stand to lose a lot.

Anonymous