Review: Me Now Generation II Matte Lipsticks




Sometimes I stumble across amazing finds and other times I do some calculated research. This matte lipstick was calculated.

I say calculated because I saw them around before and never paid attention. I’ll admit, I’m a bit snooty sometimes when it comes to what I put on my lips and skin. I get eczema and some lip products irritate my lips.

Anyway, I eventually looked at a few YouTube and internet reviews. They didn’t move me either because most of the shades are pinks. I’m more attracted to unconventional lip colours. 

Eventually I saw one colour which struck me because the swatch was a bit different and looked like a pretty neutral nude. 


So I coughed up US $5.00 to try a few.
Since then, I’ve coughed up some more $$ to get myself other shades.
(L-R: #09, #06, #13, #36, #26)

Pros:
-The staying power is incredible. When I tried on the first colour, I literally could not rub it off and I panicked. I ultimately had to soften it with petroleum jelly and then rub it off. It stays on through food and drink. Yeah...perfect for long days and nights.
- It dries matte matte not pretend matte.
-Pretty large product.
-Layers well.
-Can be made glossy with a lip gloss on top.
-Does not transfer.
-Doe foot applicator.
-Less than US $1.00 each.
-36 shades

Cons:
-Streaky application. More than one coat needed.
-Mostly pink shades
-Shipping may take a while since many of its sellers are based in China. There are a few US-based ones though but they usually sell them for more than US $1.00.


Jordana's Mystery
Not too long ago, I found my perfect nude in Jordana’s Mystery lipstick.
It was hard to find a nude for me because a lot of them are pink-based, cool or just made me look dead. On the other end of the spectrum, I couldn’t just buy a brown lipstick. That would be just brown.

So Mystery was all I had until #26.

I’m pretty sure it can work for most chocolate girls.

 
#26 








Want to try? You can buy them here;

Unknown