Orange Blush??



Do you own orange blush? Are you a woman of colour? If the answer to #2 is yes, then the answer to #1 should also be yes.

If no, ARE YOU MAD? I could rant on and on about the beautiful things that orange blush does for a
woman of colour.

Typically, when one thinks of blush, they picture rosy rouged cheeks or hot pink shades. Well, beautiful people, change that perception right away.

Orange blush brings the most realistic warm flush to dark cheeks that is otherwise incomparable to pinks.


Bubble gum pinks look angelic on very fair or Caucasian tones in a way that cannot be replicated for black women. That's ok because orange blush is for us, chocolate ladies.

It may be hard to find a true orange blush, when I was searching years ago, I couldn't really find one that I wanted to try for cheap. I didn't really know that it would work then anyway.
Sunrise (Looks red but it's orange)

I found a matte NYX eye shadow in the shade Africa.

(Yes, I use the eye shadow as blush. I think they're really all the same anyway.)

What a blessing! 

At  night, I use a similar shade also a NYX eye shadow in the shade Sunrise.This one has a shimmer finish so I get a bit of a glow with it.

Honestly, I get the best results with this particular shade and product by using a very light hand and a stippling brush which picks up very little product anyway.

I lightly sweep the colour on my cheeks- avoiding the apples because of my roundish face- and towards the hairline.

I also dust just a little on both temples to create a very natural effect.



Orange blush + bronzer? Bombshell.

I can't say that orange blush will replace all the other colours that you own but it should definitely be a part of your collection.

Unknown