7 Things to do with Beauty Wedges

 Hi Beauties!


I was applying "a little" makeup this morning and got carried away as usual and ended up with with a full face - but in the process, I had this idea.

I uses wedges almost daily and for almost everything, so I thought why not share that with you guys.

There are so many ways to use wedges in your beauty routine and I feel like they are so underrated! Wedges come in different shapes which make them ideal for various jobs and they are both reusable and disposable depending on your needs. One cheap bag of beauty wedges last me the better part of six months.

I prefer wedges over other tools sometimes because of their versatility-  they are stiff and can do the job of three or four brushes with less cleaning up.



Here are 7 things I do with my beauty wedges.

 1. Use it for Foundation. 

Yep, you can use your wedges to apply all types of foundations. Although they are small,t hat is actually a pro because applying your foundation a little at a time gives you as great a finish (if not better) than with a face brush. You're more likely to overlook some areas with a large brush.

A damp wedge will not soak up your liquid foundation and give you a lovely finish. Comparable to a beauty sponge in my opinion.

2. Use it to blend Concealer. 

I break off a piece from a point to get a bumpy side which can grip a bit instead of slide and I use that to blend in my concealer. The corners I use to reach in the inner corners of my eyes and around my nose. I'm still amazed by the results.

3. Set your Under Eye Concealer.

I really think this is one of the ideal uses of beauty wedges. The smooth sides  lay your powder nice and smooth  under the eyes or on the eyelids to prevent eye shadow creasing.


4. Mattify Lipstick

Any lipstick can be made matte and with the help of a wedge and some translucent powder. Apply your lipstick as usual, lay a sheet of tissue on your lips and using a wedge, and dab the powder onto the tissue. 

That way, you take the shine out of your lipstick without wiping it off. The stiffness of the wedge helps for pressing the powder in without wasting any.

5. Highlight
 Do you doubt? I use wedges to press highlighting powder onto my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, my under eye and my chin. I also use it right under the cheek contour for a fiercer distinction. 

After I apply my contouring shade in my cheek hollows, a little bit of brightening powder on a wedge pressed in from ear down towards the outer corner of the eye makes my cheekbones closer to cut glass **wink**

The wedge gives you that model-esque precise definition .I really hate the straight line under the contour so I diffuse that lightly with a large fluffy brush but the contour game remains as it should be- strong.

6. Blend 

You can absolutely use wedges to blend in anything at all. You can dot, pat, rub, brush, dust yuor poducts in, out, together or away with wedges. 

 7. Everything Else

You never know what other uses you can find for wedges. A friend comes over and you don't want to share foundation brushes or tools; 10 friends come over and you don't have that many brushes even if you wanted to share; carve out a sharp winged eyeliner with soem concealer, clean up some smeared mascara...the list goes on and one.

You can't go wrong  with a few hundred wedges around.

How do you use your beauty wedges? I love learning new tricks!





[There are different types of wedges including latex and latex-free. I chose to say beauty wedges to be general and respect your preferences.]

Unknown