About




I will attempt but never be able to capture just what bottles and jars and tubes of cosmetics do to me but I can try.

I remember exactly when it happened. I was in primary school and my friends put lip gloss on my lips. It was my first time. I felt awkward at first and I wasn’t given a mirror but the look on their faces stayed with me. They seemed completely shocked by the transformation and it was just a bit of lip gloss. 

That was it for me. I never felt beautiful back then and I was optimistic about this thing that could make my peers see me as pretty and more importantly, make me feel beautiful.

Put simply, I love how makeup can transform people-both aesthetically and emotionally.

I love special effects, bridal, simple, corrective, pageant and any other types that may exist out there. 
I love how it can make a face look darker, lighter, fatter, longer, slimmer, wider- how it can change features.

I love how it makes people feel super and more than average. I love how it makes me feel like I can take on anything.

I choose to embrace it like there are no rules. Do what makes you feel pretty. It’s just temporary anyway.

I see makeup as an art form, a way to express one’s self and I condemn those who use their experience and their own love for the art to make others feel inadequate.

I don’t think brands or costs matter. I think everyone should be free to do what works for them.

For me, makeup is a spiritual experience and I always want to be close to it.

"...I believe there are no rules when it comes to makeup, besides the obvious: 'Don't curl your eyelashes in a speeding vehicle,' or 'Don't put lipstick in your eye,' etc. 

"Experts seem to be popping up everywhere with strict dictates and 'philosophies' that frighten people into thinking there is only one way to wear (and do) makeup that is 'acceptable' and 'normal.'

"...In a world of constant change, with ethnicities blending together, I feel the goal should be to expand our definition of what we consider 'acceptable', 'normal' and 'beautiful.' The future will belong to those with open minds and open hearts who can appreciate beauty in all its forms."
                                                                                               -Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin

Unknown