#FavouriteThings in April

Hi product junkies!


I have been loving a bunch of items this month! These products are making me want to wake up every morning!

I perused a few beauty supply stores and picked out some stuff and lo, these ones are giving me much drugstore love.



Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

Man! This stuff is an absolute beauty. This product is easily a dupe for several comparable high end products which work the same way and cost at least 100% more for less product.

The Baby Skin Pore Eraser is a resurfacing primer. That means it re-texturizes your skin to give you an airbrushed and smooth canvas BEFORE your foundation. If you have never tried a product like this, you really are missing out.

In addition to great skin and great makeup application, these types of primers 'fill' your (large) pores and lines and smooth out any texture- like a bumpy nose.

The great thing about this one in particular is that it is easily accessible and affordable and will last a while since you don't need much to get the job done. This runs at about US $6-8.



LA Girl Pro Concealer in Orange

I have been wanting to try this for a while but it wasn't so easy to find at my local beauty supply stores and I didn't want to order just that item. Anyway I finally have it and it's making April brighter for me- literally!

Orange concealer is a handy tool for dark skinned beauties. Have you ever tried to cover your dark marks with concealer and found that while the areas are brighter in a sense, you can still see some darkness like a bright veil over the imperfections?

Well, on the colour wheel, orange cancels out dark shades like dark brown to blue to purple.
Therefore, to get the maximum payoff from brightening and highlighting products, sometimes it may become necessary to colour correct.

The colour wheel is a handy tool in the beauty and design industries. It indicates what colours complement each other, what colours contrast and what colours cancel out others. [Full post on this under development]

Meantime, I use this thick and beautiful concealer to conceal dark blemishes and undereyes. After that, I either apply foundation or if I use this after foundation and need more deliverance, before my highlighting concealer.

There is this huge craze ongoing where people are colour correcting  their entire face (unnecessarily). Just like everything else, every product and technique is not for everyone.


Nyx Intense Butter Gloss in Tres Leches

I took a gamble on this shade and this product and did not regret it. The name is deceptive to me. I always thought the butter gloss meant a tint or sheer wash of colour and I don't do sheer anything.

Well I picked this up and this is the money. A beautiful, opaque, shiny nude. I want to wear this everyday but I really shouldn't. I want to use this for impact because it really has that effect. Imagine blacked out eyes and this juicy nude. Mmm yum!

 I am tempted to get some more but I know deep down that this shade is perfect and I have tunnel vision right now.


Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red

I have long seen on Pinterest that this shade is the perfect matte red dupe for  MAC's Ruby Woo. I have also heard that Ruby Woo is great because it's a universal red with slight blue undertones making teeth look whiter. I have no opinion on either of those claims since I have never tried Ruby Woo.

I have, however, found my new favourite red lipstick. (Again, I want to go out and get more. I probably will.)

At first, I see nothing special about this, then I give it a minute and look again and it seems to transform before my eyes. It turns out to be a beautiful matte red that screams fabulous in a I-just-threw-this-on way. Then I go around again and vixen! This lipstick can dress up a grocery bag. Trust me.


 City  Colour Highight Trio

On a whim, I picked this up and I am still so impressed by it. It was US $5.00 and  a brand I have seen around but wasn't impressed to try. I was really thirsty for a new highlighter with ridiculous shine though.

This little thing packs quite a punch for its unassuming basic packaging. [Full review with pix under development.]

So these are the items which have been making April lovely for me. If you know any of these, please share.

Unknown