Mad Crush! City Color Highlight Trio



Hey beautiful people!

I just purchased this for US $5 last week and I have been wearing it out! (But not really because this is so pigmented that I really can’t overdo it)

This is the first and only product of this brand that I’ve ever tried and it’s a great start because I literally have no cons.


The shades of this trio are a true gold, rose gold and a darker old gold older. Each rectangular pan holds enough product to last me at least a year.

The payoff is incredible. The first time I swiped this, I had to do some damage control with a large fluffy powder brush and some translucent powder. Subsequent uses meant I had to go very very slowly and carefully.

When I bought this, I was looking for a highlight product with unbelievable (by that I mean flashlight) glow and I was not disappointed. 

I already own highlighting and bronzing products which I like just fine but I wanted one with a more out there payoff and less subtle. I absolutely hate the trending ‘white/silver glow’. I feel like this isn’t for chocolate people of my complexion. I like my glow golden like a West Indian sunset.

Sometimes, drugstore or budget highlighters only have a light layer of sheen just at the top to fool the buyer. Underneath that, it’s just a plain matte powder. Don’t be fooled.

If you’re looking for a low cost highlighter and you come across the City Color Trio, be sure to pick it up.At that price and with that payoff, there’s no room for regret. 

...And you guys know I live by my chocolate girl glow.

Unknown