Makeup Horror Story!

So guys, wanna know that worst thing that has ever happened to me and my makeup?

Worse than breaking out because of expired makeup, worse than mask face, worse than cake face. Literally a makeup horror story.

So I had just come back from vacation several years ago with tons and tons of new products and a heart full of joy.

I was getting set to enjoy the final lap of Dominica's Independence celebrations at Creole Bod La Mer. That event starts before dawn and goes into mid morning or later.

When I left my home in the cool darkness with my freshly done face, I could never have imagined the horror that would befall me (dun dun dun!)

I was wearing Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam in the shade Cocoa for the first time, some blush, some bronzer and not much else in the way of makeup.

Anyway I made my way down to the action where people were feting like only Caribbean people can. A little sweating was expected and I had some thick cloth-like napkins and a face towel nearby to gently blot what I  imagined to be a slightly dewy face with tiny sweat beads.

Several hours later, when the sun was quite high in the blue sky-and after I met and chatted (possibly flirted) with people that I hadn't seen in a while, I sought out a mirror to check my face.

When I saw my face (in someone's side view mirror) I was literally like this
O O
  o


My face was terrifying!

There were streaks of reddish foundation mixed with sweat forming rivers running down my face, revealing my very brown skin underneath. There were patches of red foundation trying to hold on on my cheeks where the blush was very active- aggressive even.

There were bits of tissue stuck in random places. My eyeliner was running and there was oil mixed with bronzer everywhere!

I can never forget that picture!

I l earned several lessons that morning:

-Pretty in the dark isn't necessary pretty in the light. Turn on all the lights when applying your makeup!
-Always use primer. Always.
-Never try new foundation at events. Try it at home on a weekend.
-Always allow for oxidation. Let your foundation set before you leave the house.
-Always carry a compact to fix unforeseen foundation issues. (I had none. I could only desperately scrub everything off my face with the towel)
-Wear foundation for your skin type.
-Always use a mirror for touch-ups.
-Set everything especially if you're expecting heat, humidity or oil.

I still cringe when I think about all the people I met that day and how I sashayed about fearlessly scaring people. Sigh.

Do you have any horror stories? Is it worse than mine? Please share:)

Unknown